We Focus On Complex Steel Structures That Incorporate Architectural Roof and Wall Panels
EcoSteel’s philosophy is to deliver a project that is more than just a steel structure, but an innovative concept for the future. We don’t believe in selling something off the shelf and expecting that it meets your needs. We work with you to engineer unique custom solutions tailored to fit goals, budgets, and timelines. Working closely with other designers, engineers, and end users produces a more cohesive product not just for EcoSteel, but also for you. We understand that building a structure takes more than just steel. We’re here to help you every step of the way, from the concept design phase to construction and completion.
EcoSteel has everything you need to plan, design & build your building project in one package. With over 25 years of experience as a structural steel pre-fab supplier, we understand the importance of creating an efficient and cost-effective project for your clients. We work with you every step by providing technical assistance, 3d models, and pre-engineered materials for your entire project.
We Can Help Navigate Design & Build
At Ecosteel, we believe in solving problems up front using building information management (BIM Software). We follow up with you every step of the way: from designing an interior structure model with you to ensure the design works for your space, and to provide pre-engineered structural 3D models. This allows our team to focus on their most important job: creating beautiful spaces that people love. We want to handle all the structural designs/ secondary support (ie. metal studs)/ flashing trims/ windows/ environmentally aware – this is what Ecosteel does best!
We Utilize The Latest Software
We understand that Architects need support every step of the way of their design project, from idea to implementation. We can help you with all stages of the process, from your initial conversation through to detailing & construction documents. Our teams have strong expertise in engineering and design, so we can solve those problems along the way sharing our 3D Revit and AutoCad models.
We Help Make Old Buildings Beautiful
Retrofitting or renovating an existing building is often challenging and stressful. Ecosteel has been in the business a long time, acquiring extensive expertise in all aspects of retrofitting, especially when the construction project involves combining and merging existing structures. We have extensive experience in the field of structural steel and have worked with many different types of projects, including commercial, industrial, residential and more.
Commercial Building (California)
Ecosteel Associate went on a job site (building in California) where materials had been delivered a year ago but construction had not started due to permit issues and related barriers due to covid19. Ecosteel sent someone out to inspect the steel due to storage. Wanted to advise the client on what could be done. Was not part of warranty/ part of the Ecosteel customer service
Residential Retrofit (Houston, TX)
A high-end contemporary structure wanting to reclad the exterior with metal panels on the outside (double residency)
CafeZunZun Coffee Roaster (Cypress, TX)
Most contractors did not want to build /architects wanted to make the design more conventional
- Other contractors/architects wanted to make the design into the wood after Ecosteel provided a rendering made of steel
- The goal of this project was to create a structure that would not only house the roasting and brewing operation of this business but create energy efficiency.
- This fire-rated insulated steel building system encompasses commercial grade architectural components to ensure decades of durable use.
- Insulated steel roof and wall panels provide superior insulation values to keep interiors cool while roasting coffee in extreme heat during the Summer months-vital to decreasing the energy consumption and creating a greener and more sustainable society.
Deer Park Residence (Napa, CA)
Conventional wood frame/ house burned down during fires.
- The client contacted Ecosteel for a sustainable steel building for safety from fire.
- This project incorporates a Pre-Engineered steel building solution for speed and economical construction costs.
- An energy efficient alternative to traditional lumber materials was chosen and the insulated steel panels are Net Zero Energy compliant ready for the California Building Code of 2020.
- Clear span open interiors with abundant natural light and Nana Wall folding glass doors complete the entertainment space.
Private Auto Collection + Horse Barn (Calistoga, CA)
- Structural steel/ looks like a conventional wood barn.
- Sustainability was the primary reason for using steel. (Fire safety)
- Due to the increase in wildfires in California over the last couple of years, Architect decided to build with non-combustible steel framing, roof, and wall paneling.
- The Type 1 Construction method used reduces the serious risks associated with wildfires and mitigates the hazard of fire damage. Their steel-framed building also eliminates the possibility of a termite infestation, guaranteeing that this fire-resistant horse barn and garage will last for generations.
- Built with energy-efficient steel paneling, the interior thermal envelope is airtight and is easily temperature-controlled, retaining both heat and cooling far more efficiently than traditional, drafty barns or garages. This element is crucial for a structure to not just be aesthetically pleasing, but also durable and energy-efficient.
Homeless Shelter (San Francisco)
- Custom prefab 23,000SF metal building that helped to optimize space, decrease labor costs, and simplify the building’s foundation with a structural support system. Provides approximately 200 beds as well as community spaces for residents to gather.
- Provided a beautiful, prefabricated steel housing units for those in need of assistance in the City of San Francisco.
EJ Basler Retrofit/Reclad (Chicago, IL)
- Large Precision Machine Shop that needed a renovation to convert the aesthetic to a Class A building, while adhering to local codes.
- The project did more than just reinforce and reskin an existing metal building. While the frame was in good condition, workers needed to replace girts and purlins. All the cold-formed stuff needed replacing. The team poured a new slab over the existing slab of the 32,000-square-foot building and built an addition to the back to connect the building to EJ Basler’s existing production facility next door.
- The large clear spans (120 feet across) allowed for considerable flexibility in designing the shop floor and presented a freer movement of materials.
- Renovations will become a regular occurrence. You get more bang for your buck. It’s less to work with and there’s quite a dramatic change.
Steel promotes sustainable construction in other ways you might not think of. Due to the tight tolerances achieved in prefabrication, steel buildings offer the following benefits:
Less waste onsite – Safer construction – Less community disruption – Smaller Jobsite footprint – Less pollution from heavy machinery
Additionally, EcoSteel’s prefab metal buildings are ideal for solar and wind power. An option available to all our residential, commercial, or industrial clients allows for a NetZero building (NZB) operation. This type of building application greatly helps to reduce overall costs and resource conservation by producing its own energy resources.
You must be logged in to post a comment.